LLC Part Number Description
This note is a breakdown of the various parts listed in a Lincoln Laser Company part description. A typical part description for a part or assembly at Lincoln Laser Company could be something as follows:
The first set of letters indicates the type of part
- MPA stands for Motorizes Polygon Assembly, and indicates a polygon mounted on a motor
- MIR or MIRROR would be a polygon only
- ASSEMBLY could be a board or custom assembly with various parts
The next letters indicate the style of polygon that is being made
- DT - Diamond turned
- PO - Conventionally polished
- PY - Pyramid polygon, where the facet normal is not 90 degrees to the rotation axis
- TRNC - a 1- or 2- sided mirror
The following number scheme is then shown: FF-DDD-TTT
- FF is the facet count. Usually 2 digits, but can be 3 if more than 99 facets are needed
- DDD indicates the polygon inscribed diameter in 0.01”, i.e. -255 is for a 2.55" diameter polygon.
- TTT indicates the facet thickness in 0.01”, i.e. -025 is for a 0.25" thick polygon.
The 'A's following the polygon size indicate the quality of the polygon
|Grade||Facet to Datum||Adjacent Facets||Flatness over CA|
|A||40 Sec Total||20 Sec Total||1/4 λ @ 633nm|
|AA||10 Sec Total||5 Sec Total||1/8 λ @ 633nm|
|AAA||6 Sec Total||3 Sec Total||1/8 λ @ 633nm|
The coating type is indicated next, with a # and an alphanumeric code. i.e. #01B, #03, #16, etc.
A coating curve can be requested for the coating at the target wavelength
The motor type is listed next after the /, and can be a range of types or a custom type. E.G. P1BB, SA34, SB12C, XLOB, XLIM, etc.
If an encoder is to be installed by LLC, a -ENC may be present in the description
For example, the description listed as shown here would be interpreted as follows:
Motorized Polygon Assembly